Thursday, January 13, 2011

When life gives you snow, make snow ice cream

I wrote my last post while we were getting 14" of snow. At the time I was very impressed by the plethora of snow. Now, I realize that 14" is nice but try 26". We got 26" yesterday. Literally over two feet of snow in a little over 12 hours...ridiculous!

I spent 5 hours shoveling the driveway and now I walk stooped over like an old woman. Yes, it's pretty sexy. I leave for Jamaica on Sunday and can I just say thank goodness? I feel bad about leaving Logan to fend for himself but at least I left him with the recipe for snow ice cream.

Snow Ice Cream
8 Cups of clean snow...I tend to brush off the first inch  although lets be honest, you are eating something from off the ground so you can't be too picky.
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp of vanilla
Optional:
Baileys or Kahlua or Peppermint Schnapps
Chocolate syrup

Mix, consume and be happy :)

Off to go sledding,
Steph

2 comments:

  1. I've debated trying to make flavors other than vanilla, have you ever experimented with snow ice cream flavors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love a bit of chocolate syrup on it or mixed in. My family also likes a bit of warm preserves stirred in so then you could make basically any fruit flavor.

    ReplyDelete