Saturday, June 11, 2011

I know, I know, I know...I have been a very naughty blogger. The past few months have been so busy with me jumping back and forth between Connecticut and Oklahoma, getting ready to start a Ph.D. thus stress eating lots of chocolate and sun dried tomato hummus may have been involved...just kidding!....oh wait that actually happened :( and getting my house/garden in shape for summer visitors (seriously, I have 6 different guests heading this way this summer). Moral of the story is that I have lots to do but not very much motivation so this is the result:
I got back from Tulsa a few days ago and I have resolved to actually get stuff done course as I write this I'm sitting eating cereal and watching the entire Firefly series. Have you watched Firefly before? It's a great cross between a Western and Science Fiction. It got canceled way before it's time and I pretty much love anything by Joss Whedon who brought us the brilliance that is Buffy. Besides, Firefly provides lots of this:
Oh Nathan Fillion why don't you come be my 2nd husband? I make really delicious desserts and I have two very adorable cats.

Anyway, so I am finally settled back into my house so that means it is time to start working out again. I actually managed to run a few times in Tulsa (I didn't die so I count it as a win) but as I am trying (and mostly failing) at becoming a runner/slow jogger, I am trying to make myself run on a regular basis. I did my first CT outdoor run a few days ago with a pedometer I picked up at Target and after running for 30 minutes it told me I traveled a distance of .2 miles...I may be slow but not THAT slow. I have heard great things about Garmin GPS sport watches and have been debating buying one for months. A fellow blogger-who is super hilarious and you should totally go read her blog this very second, http://www.runningoffthereeses.com, recommended the Garmin 305. It tracks distance, pace and you can track all of your runs on the computer. I also like that it works for cycling as well. I don't bike very often but I may if I lose my fear of falling onto hard surfaces. I have this big scar on my knee from my last fall and I am a bit gun shy.
Not the most beautiful thing in the world but does the job
The price dropped to $128 so I snapped it up and it should be here Monday (yay! new toy!). I figure if I spend that much money on a watch I darn well better get my butt outside and run.
I would post a recipe for the yummy, marriage proposal inducing (from one of Logan's co-docs...a lady co-doc), strawberry pecan cake with cream cheese icing but I am too entranced by my future 2nd husband so perhaps the next post, which I promise won't be in three months...maybe three days.
Moral of the story:
I'm back bitches!
PS. As I finished this entry, a tween Zac Efron showed his pretty face on a Firefly episode and I had to share it with y'all:
"One day I'll spontaneously break into song about basketballs and big dreams"

No comments:

Post a Comment